Nothing screams comfort like homemade macaroni and cheese. Cheesy, gooey goodness poured over warm, squishy noodles – it’s basically heaven, especially if it’s cold outside or you’re feeling down and out. However, growing up, I thought Kraft had the monopoly on the dish and that no one could possibly do it better. That is, until I tried it myself 😉 Hamptons to Hollywood’s Mac & Cheese recipe is here and it’s the perfect winter meal.
* 1 box elbow macaroni
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1 bag mozzarella cheese
* 3/4 bag of cheddar cheese
* 3/4 bag of havarti cheese
* 2 cups almond milk
* garlic powder
* onion powder
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Get To Work
1. Boil noodles until al dente. Drain & leave in pot.
2. In a cast iron skillet (or anything oven-safe), melt your butter, almond milk, and 1/2 portions of the three cheeses. If you want to make the cheese sauce thicker at any time, sprinkle in a few pinches of flour and mix together.
3. Add spices. The amounts are subject to taste, so I taste the sauce after every small addition and add ingredients to my liking.
4. Pour cheese sauce over the cooked noodles and mix together until each noodle is coated.
5. Pour cheesy noodles back into original skillet that the cheese sauce was made in.
6. Top the cheesy noodle mixture with the remaining half of the three cheeses.
7. Top off with the breadcrumbs, spreading evenly over the noodles.
8. Bake on 350 for 20 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are crispy.