So it’s officially fall and you have a few months of eating healthily before the holiday temptation of sweets and carbs will rule your every thought. Here’s a recipe to keep your waistline on track and the perfect drink to go with it. Veggie burger and…LIQUID PIZZA???
This recipe comes to Hamptons to Hollywood, straight from www.RawFoodRecipes.com, and is great for an Autumn meal as the temperatures cool off back East, but still light enough to eat under the Cali sunshine.
For best results, follow accordingly, but remember, variety is the spice of life, so experiment and substitute any ingredients you just aren’t down with.
- 1/2 cup Hemp Hearts (hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans
- 1/4 cup ground Flax Seeds
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Veggies (combination of celery, onion, fresh parsley, and/or red pepper – some of each is best, but ratio does not matter)
- 2 tbsp ground Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp dried Dill (optional)
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 1 set Paraflexx Sheets
- Add all ingredients except hemp hearts and veggies to your food processor
- Process until well mixed and transfer into a large bowl
- Add remaining ingredients to mixture in the large bowl
- Mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined
- Line your Excalbiur Food Dehydrator trays with paraflexx sheets
- Form patties with your hands, similar to burger patties – about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- Place on trays so patties do not touch each other
- Dehydrate on highest temperature for 1.5 hours
- Reduce heat to 125 degrees F and dehydrate for another 5 hours
- Once burger patties are holding together and firming nicely, remove paraflexx, and continue dehydrating until they reach desired veggie burger consistency
Prep Time : 5m
Cook Time : 5m
- dash of ground dried Basil
- 1/2 head of medium Cauliflower
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 cups of Cherry Tomatoes
Wash produce well
Step 2: Juice all ingredients except for basil in your Omega Juicer
Step 3: Add basil and mix well
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Step 5: If you would prefer your juice warm, in a small pot add juice and basil. Steep for an hour for a warm, pizza-like drink. Mix well and enjoy!
[All Photos via www.rawfoodrecipes.com]